Are you a scientific jack (okay, master) of all trades seeking all-encompassing career fulfillment? Do you thrive off of heavy customer and team collaboration, hands-on problem solving, and leading-edge technology implementation?
L7 Informatics (L7) is looking for a senior level Field Application Scientist (FAS) to join and help mentor the growing Customer Solutions team as they roll out the revolutionary Enterprise Science Platform (ESP) to an expanding market.
● Collaborate with customers to translate their needs into system content and configuration, including but not limited to:
● Consult with customers to ensure best practice translation of their workflows
● Implementation of novel instrument integration/support
● Implementation of bioinformatic pipelines using off-the-shelf tools (bwa, bowtie2, GATK, samtools/htslib, R and Python packages, etc.)
● Work with customer IT to implement appropriate data loss prevention strategies
● Work with customer IT to put systems into production in customer environments (on-premise or in-cloud deployments)
● Troubleshoot issues customers may have
● Write consulting services statement of work documents
● Write customer success case studies
● Support sales and marketing in demonstrating software capabilities to potential customers (while answering technical questions, etc.)
● Contribute to L7’s standard/core content library and SDK
● Contribute to L7’s customer implementation DevOps improvements and maintenance
● Translate customer needs into new core product software requirements
● Minimum of a PhD in a relevant field, such as computational biology, bioinformatics, molecular genetics, etc.
● Background in both computational and wet-lab sciences
● Previous experience with distributed version control tools
● Comfortable working from the linux command line, especially bash
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Deep knowledge of and experience with next-generation sequencing wet-lab and analysis methodologies
● Experience with computational modeling of real-world processes
About L7 Informatics:
L7 Informatics (L7) is a fast-growing company located in central Austin, TX. Enterprise Science Platform (ESP), L7’s flagship product, fully integrates scientific and healthcare operations, reduces process silos and bottlenecks, and maintains end-to-end data and provenance. L7’s mission is to revolutionize scientific process and data management in order to accelerate discoveries and drive higher quality of healthcare.
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com